Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Writing a proposal

One of the most important parts of being a freelance writer (aside from having marketable writing skills) is the ability to write a proposal.

The website I work through had a blog post on writing a proposal, but I felt that the guidelines were too stiff and formal. When I tried following them, I actually lost jobs. So, I developed my own format that seemed to get me more jobs.

I have tweaked this format over the past few months, but it seems to work pretty well for me. I happened to share my proposal outline with someone on the message board and as a result was recently asked to write a blog post on the topic for the Guru blog.

Since you can just click here, I won't replicate my post. Feel free to check it out. Also, I haven't mentioned this before, but you are welcome to post comments or ask questions. Feedback is always a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment