Friday, April 12, 2013

Living under a storm cloud.


Getting this blog off was actually troublesome, but I am one to have what most people would call “bad luck.” I do not call it that. If I had to choose a term, I would say that my life has been a series of unfortunate events.

For example, when I go into the grocery store to get one item because I have somewhere I am supposed to be, the cashier will inadvertently run out of register tape and need to change it. Or it will be the end of her shift, or the power will go out just as I am being rung up. This is the story of my life.

I also tend to get rather bad fortunes in fortune cookies. No one ever believes this, after all fortune cookies are stocked with wonderful sayings like “You will have good luck for the rest of your life” “Happiness is eternal for you” and “Love will walk in at the most unexpected moments.” My fortunes are usually along the lines of “Try not to get hit by a cement truck tomorrow”
When I went to start this blog, before I wrote the first post, before I was even able to design the page, my blog was automatically marked as spam and deleted. Why? It is just the way the cookie crumbles for me. Then after waiting one whole day for my blog to be reviewed, I got on and tried to adjust the design – and the page wouldn’t load. So, I skipped that an wrote the first blog  - only to discover that it saved itself seven times. C’est la vie.

No comments:

Post a Comment