Monday, June 24, 2013

Writing for myself

Obviously freelance writing here and there is not as profitable as writing your own stuff and publishing it under your own name. However, it is a whole lot easier to get paid if you freelance.
The problem is, that like all authors, I want to make it. I want to be an author and make enough money so that I an do it full time and cover all my bills (especially my college debt).

But the difficulty is finding the time. I have a competed study guide that I want to self-publish. However, it needs just a little more tweaking because I originally wrote it in the style of certain published study guides. Unfortunately when I sent it, the company had decided to discontinue that line. Now I have to fix it, but I am so busy trying to get jobs and finish the jobs that I haven't had time to tweak it, copyright it, and self-publish it.

I also have a romance novel that is halfway finished. And a children's book that just needs pictures. It is very frustrating to not be able to complete these projects because I am too busy with others that give me instant money.

Then there is my husband's book. This is a fully complete book. However, if you have followed my blog at all, you know my technology curse. I sent a query by email to the agent I wanted to represent it, and have seen no response despite following the rules and waiting. Then I checked my sent mail box to see when I sent it, and I found the query had disappeared. Sigh. Time is the only thing I don't have and yet I find myself constantly needing to make more of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment