Thursday, June 20, 2013

Weekends

I have it posted all over my profile and generally in each of my bids that I do not work on Saturdays or Sundays. To some extent this is true, but I don't "work" Saturdays because I generally spend the day going through my leads. Occasionally, I will see a rush job and do it on Saturday. And, of course, when I have a Monday deadline and I don't have the work done, I will also do that. However, I only rarely check my email on Sundays and I avoid taking on new jobs.

So, of course someone contacted me on Sunday wanted a job completed by 5 AM Monday. I checked the bid, and right there it was: "I do not work Saturdays or Sundays." Since I do not check my email on Sunday and even if I did, this kind of message would not have come to me - I would have had to log in to Guru since the employer had not actually hired me - I did not receive it until 8AM. I tried to let the person know that I would be happy to rush it through in 6 hrs (it was a complete mess) but I never received word back.

It is tough losing a job, but if you show up to Target at 2:00AM, do you really think you are going to get in?

Had the guy contacted me Friday and told me he was getting a job in Sunday and then completed the hiring, contract, and SafePay set up, I probably would have accepted it. But he didn't. And he didn't call me like a certain other employer I posted about several weeks ago. (It is really hard to say "No, I am not going to take your money and do this job" when you are talking to someone on the phone.)

No comments:

Post a Comment