Thursday, July 11, 2013

Microsoft Word

I love Microsoft Word....2000. Yep, that's right. I have MSWord 2000 in my computer and MSStarter (although I am planning on downgrading that to MS Word 2010 as soon as I can get it).

I hate MS Word Starter. It is one of the most annoying programs one can work in, although my MS Word 2000 is a little incompatible with a few features I need for my work, so I occasionally open a docx in MS Starter save it as MS2000 doc and then work on it back and forth in both as needed.

Did I mention I hate Starter? The only thing I hate more is the licensing agreement and the new cloud based word - really? Do I not pay enough for these programs that I can now only keep for the life of my computer or I can only rent them until the end of the month? Right now, I am working on a computer that is less than a year old and it is already showing signs of wear. I am so glad that the MS monopoly was broken apart to make things easier and cheaper for us little people (that was dripping with sarcasm in case you couldn't hear it in my typing).

My biggest problem is that MS2000 and MS Starter are not able to be operated together very well. Yeah, I know that shouldn't surprise me - and it doesn't - it just is disappointing. I can only hope that when I upgrade I will like 2010 better than Starter.

No comments:

Post a Comment