Monday, September 16, 2024

Bad Jobs 2

Here's another winner: The employer wants someone to record themselves doing a forward roll for 1-3 minutes. The longer you can do it--the more you can make. Apparently, there are people who have decided to become long distance somersaulters. I, like the guy who wrote that, would probably be sick. 

The problem I have with this request, even though it has some legitimacy, is that the person says it is for a fitness program and it was needed before the school year started. This is not necessarily something I think kids should be trying for as a fitness goal. What's wrong with running or even walking, which most people would see as being more normal if they were to meet you doing it on the street? Also, why do you have to keep going for 3 minutes? Once you demonstrate it, it should be good enough for the kids. Further, no mechanics of how to do the roll was requested to be included. 

Part of me wants to think that this is just some well-meaning person wanting to start a new fad, but there is just too much that makes me think its someone with an odd fetish. For example, only fit, female somersaulters were told to apply. 

Granted, when I first started, I would go head-over-heels for easy jobs like this. But as I gotten older and not been able to find any of those projects on the web (I usually can track down my work), I have become more cynical and think they might not have used those things as they were intended. This also comes from the one project I did that I was able to track down. This woman I worked for swore up and down she was not writing erotica (I do not work on erotica projects). However, I had to remove a lot of sex from the original content. I gave it back to her and later found she not only added all the sex back in but also listed it as a XXX book!!  These days when I get the feeling that something is not right, I back out. This is why my contract has a clause in it saying I can stop working at any time I deem the project to be unethical.

No comments:

Post a Comment