Saturday, March 8, 2014

Miranda returns

So the lady I compared to Miranda from "The Devil Wears Prada" a few posts ago gave me bad feedback as expected. But even doing that, her inability to remember anything amazed me. She ranted about how I didn't take messages during our Skype meeting.

I not only do not use Skype, I do not have a Skype ID. In fact, on my freelancer profile page it specifically says I do not use Skype and why.

Now, Skype is a nice tool that allows you to talk around the world for free, but I have my reasons for not using it. I do willingly call all my employers and have an international calling plan so I can do this. Being able to contact your employers verbally is important. Some employers have a difficult time writing - that is why they are hiring you after all - so offering another form of communication is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment