Sunday, February 23, 2020

Warning!! Don't Throw Away Turbo Tax 2019 Home and Business Activation Code!!!

Warning: The Turbo Tax Software is seriously flawed this year (at least the CD for Home and Business). Once you have installed and set it up--after you have already begun to work on your taxes--it continues to ask you for the activation code randomly (after updates, I assume). I contacted them last week, but so far they haven't fixed the issue, which at best is annoying and at worst means you just flushed all the money you paid for it down the drain because if you lose that code you are pretty much screwed. Even registering the product does not link it to you in their database, which I have complained about, too. (Yeah, I know--that is totally dumb. Why do I want to register a product solely so they can solicit me?) I am very disappointed in the software this year because of this.

Update: Apparently you will run out of activation uses too!!!! Others have complained on their website about this but Turbo Tax is not listening or doing anything to resolve the problem. This apparently has been a known problem since December 2019. Once you run out of codes they had to create an account and re-download the software only to have more problems with the activation code. 

I will remove this post if they fix the problem. Otherwise, buyer beware.

Looks like this isn't the only way Turbo Tax is trying to screw users over even though their product is one of the most expensive on the market.

No comments:

Post a Comment