Saturday, February 8, 2014

New Guru Profiles

Well, our new profiles on Guru have gone live, and I think they look nice: http://www.guru.com/freelancers/paradoxical.

The problem is that Guru went to a lot of expense to let us do this, so they are raising their annual prices. I can't complain too much because the commissions are on a more graded scale. However, I do not know what is going to happen with mine right now. I pay an annual membership in December, so I just paid mine (at old rates). I am a little up in the air about what is going to happen. Will I have to pay more ASAP? or can I wait until December? Someday soon I suppose I am going to have to find out...

Now most people are upset because they will be getting less bids (50) per month. But the bids will accumulate, so that doesn't bother me. I think the most bids I ever went through (because I was really trying) was 80 in one month. I bid on everything that month and then I got swamped with work (see two posts ago). If your profile reflects the work you do and if you know where your niche is, you should be able to pick the jobs you know you are best suited to do.

The only way this would be a problem is if you have a freelancing business where you are the boss of a team of writers. You would then be able to accept more jobs. But I am just me (although I have thought about hiring other writers). So fifty is fine. Especially with the awesome new profiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment