Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Learning Song

Occasionally a job falls into my lap that is extremely enjoyable. This week, a science teacher hired me to write a song to Rihanna's "Umbrella" about cell theory and the parts of a cell. With his permission, I have decided to share some of it with you today:


Uh huh, uh huh (Yeah Cell Theory)
Uh huh, uh huh (Structure of life)
Uh huh, uh huh (Helps you…Function)
Uh huh, uh huh

Everything alive
Big or small, short, tall or in between
From each of the kingdoms: five
Is made up of cells, which come from cells.
In 1665,
Robert Hooke took a look, through his 
Microscope not his telescope. saw cork up close and personal,
Said in his head, “I thought this was dead but instead
It looks like living cells!”
 
You got a lot to gain
From the cellular membrane;
Protects your cell like skin;
Watches what goes out and in.
Cytoplasm fills it up;
Holds organelles in a
Colorless watery gel.
Lets talk about the cell.
Because
 
(CH)
When we begin, we begin together
Pass through the cellular membrane cover
In a vacuole through cytoplasm
Past the mitochondria and ribosomes.
The endoplasmic reticulum
Speeds the proteins to their destination.
The nuclear membrane keeps the rest
Of the cell from the nucleus
(Cella cella ai ai ai),
Inside each of my cells
(Cella cella ai ai ai),
Inside each of my cells 
(Cella cella ai ai ai),
Inside each of my cells
(Cella cella ai ai ai ai ai ai).


Sometimes my job is good (and fun).

No comments:

Post a Comment